- Chemicals and Cleaners
- Solder Foils
- Solder Powder
- Solder Preforms
- Wire Solder
- Products by Industry
- Services & Support
- Data Sheets
- Metal Policies
WS482 is a water soluble, halide-free flux cored wire that is highly active and compatible with water soluble solder paste chemistries. WS482 offers improved thermal stability, allowing it to be processed with standard or high temperature alloys. WS482 offers residues that are non-corrosive and therefore may be used without cleaning for applications where conductivity will not cause a problem (such as soldering wires). Post-process residues are safe to remain on many assemblies for up to two to three days. WS482 produces excellent tarnish and oxide removal, will not tarnish PCBs, copper, or solder joints, and offers excellent wetting and soldering characteristics. WS482 flux residue is readily soluble in hot water. IPC flux classification for this material is ORM0.
» WS482 CORED WIRE AT A GLANCE:
● WS482 is standard with a 3.0% flux core for tin-lead
● WS482 is available in Sn/Pb, Sn/Ag/Cu, SN100C® alloys.
● Other flux percentages, alloys, diameters and spool sizes may be available upon special request.
● Available in Industry Standard Packaging
▪ Good Thermal Transfer
▪ For Standard and High-Temperature Applications
▪ High Activity Level
▪ Good Wetting Properties
▪ Extended Cleaning Times, Safe Up to 2 to 3 Days